Letter from the President
Dear Friends and Members,
As another year draws to a close, we are excited to welcome 2017 with bright visions for a fabulous new year. In addition to introducing our new Board Members, we will be varying the venue for our monthly luncheon meetings once per quarter to add convenience for our Members in all the Communities throughout the East Mountains which includes Moriarty, Edgewood, and Tijeras. Thank you MAGS Indoor Shooting Range and Legacy Church Edgewood who volunteered to open their doors to our Membership for this purpose.
We are planning some great networking events throughout the coming year, and will keep you up to date as plans solidify, including some joint efforts with the Edgewood Chamber of Commerce. We have been maintaining a dialogue with the Edgewood Chamber of Commerce in order to facilitate such events. We look forward to announcing further details for a joint event in February focused on Jobs. There will be staffing experts on hand to discuss many great options to get help and offer employment to those in our Communities and surrounding areas. We also have a high school mentorship program to help our business members and to grow the youth in our communities.
As always, we are here to serve you, our Members, and we always welcome your suggestions, feedback, thoughts and participation! We are listening! We strongly encourage you to invest an hour per month to serve on at least one Committee in the name of teamwork, to help us help YOU and your business! This is your Chamber, and with the same vision and goals in mind, we can accomplish grand things going forward.
We have the following committees that need to be filled. Please respond to this email or call at 281-1999 if you would like to join any of the following committees to help run and influence your Chamber. We will then email everyone who is on the committees along with everyone’s contact information so you can start meeting.
1. The Events Committee focuses on brainstorming and implementing events that will benefit member businesses and/or local residents.
2. The Membership Committee focuses on inviting local businesses to chamber meetings/events and then orienting them after they join.
3. The Social Media Committee focuses on overseeing all social media including the website to make sure all information is accurate and up to date including but not limited to current by-laws, current events, correct and updated membership information and any other information pertaining to the website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
4. The Cedar Crest Committee focuses on Cedar Crest/Tijeras interests and events. They will help set up/clean up the meeting room and any events in Cedar Crest/Tijeras.
5. The Edgewood Committee focuses on Edgewood interests and events. They will help set up/clean up the meeting room and any events in Edgewood.
6. The Moriarty Committee focuses on Moriarty interests and events. They will help set up/clean up the meeting room and any events in Moriarty.
Please enjoy the pics we took just before Christmas, when we presented the wonderful staff of Los Vecinos Community Center with a holiday gift basket of goodies, beautifully put together for us by member business Triangle Grocery in Cedar Crest. These wonderful young men and women are always anxious to help with a smile, and they contribute so much to our luncheon meetings and other Community events.
For our luncheon tomorrow on Thursday, 1/05/17, member businesses Jim Stundon of Hug a Horse and Walkin' n' Circles Ranch and Genevieve Barrett of Talking Talons will be speaking about their organizations and how they benefit our communities. Luncheon of pizza and salad will be provided by another one of our members Trail Rider Pizza. Please call us at 281-1999 if we need to make special food arrangements for you.
Nancy Carpenter, PresidentEast Mountain Chamber of Commerce